June 19, 2016

Grace

Im at a Denny's trying to study at 4:08 AM on a saturday night, but I just had to blog.  I just sinned.  I screwed up.  I did something that wasn't right.  And normally I just beat myself up about it and think I am this awful, wretched sinner.

However, Sin was strong, but Grace was stronger.  Strangely enough, I feel God's immediate forgiveness and grace this time.  I normally feel so beat up and condemned for time after I sin.  But not this time.  I actually feel immediate forgiveness and love and God's desire for me to do right.  He wants me to repent of sin and forgives me the second I ask for forgiveness.  He knows what is best for us too.  His laws and perfect requirements aren't to judge us and condemn us.  They are there because they show us how to live a good life as humans.

Literally for the last 45 minutes, I just can't wrap my mind around grace.  It makes no sense for a perfect, holy God to want a relationship with this sinner who screws up all the time.  Yet He does.  I feel this love for no reason.  It's awesome.  I love grace.  I love when things happen that just defy the odds and probably shouldn't.

I'm gonna write more but I gotta get back to studying as I have blindly contemplated grace in a Denny's while studying at 4 am.
Witcher


No comments: